August 16, 2016
Longtime residents remember when a factory operated in the old Pioneer Steel Ball building just across Mill Street from the Post Office in Unionville center. After being vacant for many years, this circa 1860 building and the rest of the block have now been re-purposed. These properties are now occupied by office, restaurant, residential and retail uses in a beautiful setting on the banks of the Farmington River. The old manufacturing building is now known as the Upson Market Place, in recognition of an early occupant, the Upson Nut Company. Unionville’s resurgence has been many years in the making, and shows what can happen when local government, community groups and property owners collaborate on solutions that benefit everyone. SNR provided zoning counsel and other assistance to the owner and developer of these properties.
Previous article: Courtroom Victory for Contractor
Next article: Real Estate and Business Activity
The Law Offices of Scully, Nicksa & Reeve, LLP, located in the Unionville section of Farmington, CT represent clients throughout Connecticut, including Hartford, Avon, Bristol, Burlington, Canton, Farmington, New Britain, New Hartford, Newington, Simsbury, Torrington, Hartford County, Litchfield County and New Haven County.